1. Mark Twain said, ‘Climate is what we expect. Weather is what we get.’ And in Southeastern Connecticut, the weather is often fickle, capricious even. That said, it’s supposed to go like this: Hot, very hot – 92 degrees, plus with sun and clouds and a 30 percent chance of thunderstorms, some severe. Also known as summer!
2. Yes, it’ll be hot, but this is a really cool event: at 536 Raymond Hill Rd, Uncasville. Pony Rides are here every Saturday $10 per child, from 11:30 am to 2:30 pm. Children must be able to walk on their own, and please, no flip-flops or open toe shoes permitted. Sounds like fun. For kids, I mean.
3. When was the last time you played in Oakdale is said to have a jumping game! The doors open at 5 and the games are done by 10. All ages are invited, though people under 16 must have an adult tagging along. It’s an all-paper game with two jackpots; one game starts at $125 and has to go when it reaches $1,000 and one game starts at $125 and goes when it reaches $2,000. For more info, please call 860-443-0015.
4. In case you missed it, Hopefully you’ll have a chance to say hello. Then again…depends on the circumstances!
5. Oh and finally, get over to This year’s fest commemorates the Bicentennial Anniversary of the War of 1812 and the writing of the American national anthem, The Star-Spangled Banner. And that’s just awesome on so many levels.