A press release from the Connecticut Sun:
The Connecticut Sun will tip off its 11th season at Mohegan Sun Arena against the Eastern Conference rival New York Liberty on May 25th at 7 p.m.
Under the guidance of new head coach Anne Donovan, the Sun look to build on the momentum of last season, when they reached the WNBA Eastern Conference Finals before falling in three games to the Indiana Fever.
The Sun are home for six of their first 10 games, but will be tested early on the road, visiting the Western Conference Champion Minnesota Lynx on June 1st and defending WNBA champion Indiana in an ESPN2-televised game on June 12th. The Sun make their only other ESPN2 appearance on July 2nd, hosting the Tulsa Shock at 8 p.m.
“We’re excited to begin and end our 11th season at Mohegan Sun Arena in front of our fans,” Connecticut Sun Vice President and General Manager Chris Sienko said. “We expect to have another great team this season, and with 12 of our 17 regular season home games scheduled for Friday, Saturday or Sunday, we are looking forward to the kind of large and enthusiastic crowds that have made Connecticut the toughest place in the league for visiting teams.”
Highlights of the 2013 schedule include home games against Sue Bird and the Seattle Storm on June 16th at 5 p.m., Diana Taurasi and the Phoenix Mercury on June 29th at 7 p.m. and Candace Parker and the Los Angeles Sparks on August 6th. Maya Moore, Lindsay Whalen and the Lynx will be at Mohegan Sun Arena on August 22nd at 7 p.m. In addition, the Sun will be hosting the WNBA All-Star Game, presented by Boost Mobile, for the third time at Mohegan Sun Arena on July 27th.
Connecticut will play three back-to-backs this year, and it has five games each against Indiana and the Atlanta Dream, visiting both Eastern Conference contenders three times. The Sun close out the regular season with five straight Eastern Conference games, concluding with a game against Indiana on Sunday, September 15th at 5 p.m.
The Sun will be anchored in the middle by 2012 WNBA Most Valuable Player Tina Charles. Former UConn stars Renee Montgomery, Asjha Jones and Kalana Greene will also be back along with veteran point guard Kara Lawson as the Sun pursue their ninth trip to the WNBA playoffs.
Sun season ticket plans for the 2013 season are currently on sale and can be reserved by calling a Sun Ticket Sales Representative at 1.877.SUN.TIXX. To purchase season tickets online, visit http://tinyurl.com/ctsunseason2013. Deposits are also now being accepted for mini plans.
The full schedule:
- Saturday, May 25 New York 7 p.m.
- Friday, May 31 at Chicago 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 1 at Minnesota 7 p.m.
- Friday, June 7 Washington 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 12 at Indiana 8 p.m.
- Friday, June 14 at New York 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, June 16 Seattle 5 p.m.
- Sunday, June 23 Atlanta 3 p.m.
- Saturday, June 29 Phoenix 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 2 Tulsa 8 p.m.
- Saturday, July 6 at Indiana 7 p.m.
- Friday, July 12 Chicago 7 p.m.
- Sunday, July 14 San Antonio 5 p.m.
- Friday, July 19 at Tulsa 7 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20 at San Antonio 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 24 at Atlanta 7 p.m.
- Thursday, August 1 Indiana 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 3 at New York 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 6 Los Angeles 7 p.m.
- Friday, August 9 Chicago 7 p.m.
- Sunday, August 11 at Washington 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 14 Atlanta 7 p.m.
- Friday, August 16 at Atlanta 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 18 at Chicago 5 p.m.
- Thursday, August 22 Minnesota 7 p.m.
- Sunday, August 25 New York 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 27 at Los Angeles 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 29 at Seattle 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 31 at Phoenix 7 p.m.
- Friday, September 6 Washington 7 p.m.
- Saturday, September 7 at Indiana 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 11 at Atlanta 7 p.m.
- Friday, September 13 Washington 7 p.m.