Montville Superintendent Pamela Aubin has just announced registration requirements for children entering Kindergarten in September 2013.
To be eligible for kindergarten, the following documentation is required at the time of registration:
1. Birth Certificate or Baptismal Record.
2. Physical Examination Form (blue) completed and signed by your child's doctor, dated within 12 months of the date of entry into school. Parents must also complete page 1 of this form.
3. Proof of immunization requirements
- DTaP/Td - minimum of four (4) doses of diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus – for children aged 48 months and older, the last dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday;
b. MMR - measles, mumps and rubella. Two (2) doses given at least twenty-eight (28) days apart, the first given on or after the first birthday;
- HIB - Hemophilus influenzae, type B (given on or after the first birthday). This vaccine is only for children entering school who have not reached their fifth (5th) birthday by the opening day of school.
- Hepatitis A – Two (2) doses given six (6) months apart, the first dose on or after the first birthday.
- HBV - Hepatitis B. An individual shall be considered adequately protected against hepatitis B if the individual is enrolled in preschool through grade 12 and was immunized with three (3) doses of hepatitis B vaccine as follows: two (2) doses given at least four (4) weeks apart followed by a third dose at least sixteen (16) weeks after the first dose and at least eight (8) weeks after the second dose, and the third dose shall be given no earlier than twenty-four (24) weeks of age;
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) - Immunized with two (2) doses of varicella vaccine given three (3) months apart; the first given on or after the first birthday.
- PCV - Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine (given on or after the first birthday). This vaccine is only for children entering school who have not reached their fifth (5th) birthday by the opening of school.
- TOPV/IPV - minimum of three (3) doses of polio vaccine – for children aged 48 months and older, the last dose must be given on or after the fourth birthday.
4. A child is considered adequately protected against measles, rubella, mumps, varicella, Hepatitis A and B if he/she has it confirmed in writing by a physician based on a specific blood test conducted by a certified laboratory.
By law, children who do not meet state immunization and physical examination requirements must be excluded from school until the requirements are met.
Board of Education policy requires a pre-school physical examination one (1) year prior to entering school in September. The physical should be conducted any time after September 1 of the previous year.
Forms for registration, physical examination, and health forms are available at any one of the three elementary schools during the school day (8:45-3:00, M-F). Parents are requested to pick up these forms the week of February 25, 2013 complete them, and return them to the school no later than March 8, 2013.
Please be aware that the determination of the school your child will attend is made later this school year. The school at which you register may not be the school your child will be attending.