1. Expect showers and thunderstorms today, with some storms producing heavyrain. The high will be in the upper 60s today, and the low tonight in the mid-50s. Rain is expected to continue into the night.
2. Mary-Clark Wilson and Ellen Hillman are Montville's delegates to the GOP nominating convention, which is Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Preston Town Hall. The House of Representatives seat held by Tom Reynolds is now open, as Reynolds has decided to run for the seat being vacated by Sen. Edith Prague.
The Democrats held their 2nd Congressional District nominating convention Monday night. They will choose candidates for state Senate on May 21, and state House on May 22.
3. St. Bernard graduation is Friday at 6 p.m., in St. Patrick's Cathedral in Norwich. There is a reception for seniors and parents at the school following graduation, and a bus trip to a special graduation-party spot at 9 p.m. Parents, chaperones and dogs will be checking bags and buses, according to the school.
4. Senate Bill 23, to improve the state’s following severe storms, and the October Nor’easter, has been passed by the state House and Senate. It incorporates the recommendations of last year’s Two Storm Panel to invest in critical infrastructure and hold utility companies accountable for their performance during emergencies. The bill is now before the governor for his signature.
5. Get your cameras out and get ready to enter a photo contest for Categories are pets/animals, people and nature. The contest benefits the fabulous Healing with Horses program at
Thought for the Day, courtesy of Happy Publishing
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." -Les Brown