There's no doubt that Hurricane Sandy has left its mark on Montville and if your property was damaged in the storm, you may be eligible for individual FEMA assistance. FEMA provides a detailed list of some of the assistance available for affected individuals and families.
Residents can apply by phone (800-621-3362 or TTY 800-462-7585 for people with speech or hearing disabilities) or online.
Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) is a readily accessible facility or mobile office where applicants may go for information about FEMA or other disaster assistance programs, or for questions related to their case.
According to the Disaster Assistance website, you need the following information to apply:
- Your Social Security number.
- Current and pre-disaster address.
- A telephone number where you can be contacted.
- Insurance information.
- Total household annual income
- A routing and account number from your bank (only necessary if you want to have disaster assistance funds transferred directly into your bank account)
- A description of your losses that were caused by the disaster.
- Directions to your property.
After you've completed your application for assistance, you will receive a FEMA registration number. Be sure to record this number for future reference.