1. A beautiful summer day is in store for us with relatively low humidity -- for August – light breezes, lots of sun with passing clouds, high UV index but overall a lovely summer Tuesday.
2. Today is Primary Tuesday. Get out and vote. Get out and vote. Oh, sorry, I already said that.
3. Fall ball! Yes! You have got to love fall baseball. at Montville Little League, at 568 Old Colchester Road in Uncasville. Registration fees are $25 for softball and $35 for baseball. Montville Little League is a volunteer-run organization. It offers tee ball, softball and baseball leagues for ages 4 - 12 years and 13 - 16 years. Monthly meetings are held at the Old Colchester Road Clubhouse on the first Wednesday of each month at 7pm.
4. Hyatt Place Hotel at 2049 Norwich New London Turnpike. The Rotary Club of Montville strives to build a better community, emphasizing service activities by Club members that enhance the quality of life and human dignity, encouraging high ethical standards and creating greater understanding among its people. They invite folks to check them out.
5. Were you able to make a donation, however small or seemingly insignificant, of clothing or food for Montville Senior and Social Services? I cleaned out my daughter’s closet today (masochist that I am) and found a ton of stuff she doesn’t wear or doesn’t fit. I know I am not alone. Drop donations off at Social Services if you are so inclined.