1. The sun will be out today, albeit mixed with some clouds with highs in the low 80’s, a tad muggy, but not too bad. Wonder where Hurricane Leslie will go?
2. Not earth shattering, but definitely helpful for parents whose kids stay after school; late buses began running Tuesday, leaving the school just about 4 p.m. Just so you know.
3. A little more school news: s ‘Digital Backpack’ program is so much easier to navigate than an actual kid’s backpack (if you’re kids are anything like mine were!) It’s a very cool tool for parents to see exactly what’s what: assignments, classwork, progress, important dates, and resources. Plus, it helps us keep our kids accountable. That’s major!
4. Blood donations are down across the US. Your live saving blood donation is needed now. Each time you donate blood, you potentially improve or save the lives of three people. The basic requirements for donating blood are that you must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110lbs. and be good health. Please consider donating on at the Chesterfield Fire Co., 1606 Hartford New London Turnpike beginning at 8 a.m. For more information on giving blood, check out the Red Cross.
5. The Water Pollution Control Authority meets tonight at 7 in Town Hall. A packed agenda includes discussion and possible votes on: year end transfers of about $300,000, a water budget increase and a discussion on a request from Rand Whitney Containerboard for an increase in "BOD limits” (that means biochemical oxygen demand) and water temperatures.