1. It will be a rainy, cloudy, blustery day in our 100-acre wood.
2. In an effort to really support and raise awareness about breast cancer how about putting your money where you heart is: shop pink. Many retailers are selling products, pink-hued in many cases, with a portion of the profits earmarked for cancer research and foundations. Just remember it’s important to ensure monies are going to research, support, and prevention.
3. This is national fire prevention week and in the few months that I’ve been covering Montville I have seen a community anchored by a commitment to public safety through the efforts of scores of awesome volunteer firefighters and emergency personnel. Montville is one lucky town.
4. The Fresh Air Fund, which celebrated its 136th year, is such a hugely important program for so many kids from New York City. As a former city kid myself – and a New Yorker to boot – I absolutely know the Fresh Ari Fund has changed lives: 1.7 million kids since 1877. Think about it for next summer.
5. Planning and Zoning Commission meets tonight to go over a number of agenda items including two public hearings on special permit applications; one for an 8-lot cluster subdivision.