Here are municipal events for the week:
Monday, May 14
The Montville Town Council has several meetings scheduled for Monday:
A special meeting at 5:45 p.m. to hold an executive session on collective bargaining.
A public hearing at 6:30 p.m. in the Town Council chamber on an ordinance that would set fees for permits and inspections the fire marshal’s office completes.
The regular monthly meeting, starting at 7 p.m. in the Town Council chamber.
The agenda includes:
- Votes on resolutions to accept several union contracts
For the full agenda, click on the pdf in the photo box.
Tuesday, May 15
The Housing Authority has scheduled its regular meeting for 5 p.m. at Freedom Village in Oakdale. The agenda includes remarks from tenants, reports, and a discussion of a generator purchase.
Get Montville stories delivered to your inbox or smartphone every day with our free newsletter! Simple, fast sign-up here.
The Board of Education Policy Committee is scheduled to meet at 5:15 p.m. in the superintendent’s small conference room.
The Board of Education’s Educational Evaluation Committee has scheduled a special meeting at 5 p.m. in the superintendent’s large conference room, to discuss the idea of a lacrosse team.
The Board of Education has scheduled its regular monthly meeting for 6 p.m. in the Montville High School library/media center. The agenda includes:
- A review of
- A reception for 2011-2012 retirees, consideration of an act that would allow sales, at specific times and for specific purposes, of food and beverages that typically may not be sold at school.
- Consideration of extending the superintendent’s contract
Wednesday, May 16
The Parks & Recreation Commission has scheduled a special meeting for 6 p.m. at the Camp Oakdale Pavilion. The agenda includes:
- Discussion of a community tag sale
- Discussion of Town of Montville Trails Day
- Discussion of vendors at summer concerts
- Discussion of a potential dog park
- After remarks from Town Council Liaison Laura Tanner, a site walk is scheduled
Thursday, May 17
The Finance Committee has scheduled a special meeting for 3:45 p.m. in Room 203 of Montville Town Hall.
The Inland Wetlands Commission is scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. in the council chamber.
Saturday, May 19
The nonprofit tag sale from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Fair Oaks School is to benefit the Knights of Columbus
Sunday, May 20
starts at noon at the monuments at Montville Town Hall.
begins at Raymond Hill and Route 32 directly afterwards. A memorial service and massing of colors follows at St. Patrick Cemetery, followed by refreshments at the American Legion Post on Pink Row.