James Scott Bacon, 61, of 437 Pumpkin Hill Road in Ledyard, was arrested Tuesday and charged with Possession of Child Pornography in the 1st degree.
According to a press release issued by Connecticut State Police today, Bacon was arrested following an investigation into possession and distribution of child pornography through the use of internet file sharing networks.
Bacon's arrest stemmed from an investigation conducted by the state police Computer Crimes Unit from July to October 2012. Bacon was held on a $100,000 court-set surety bond.
According to the press release, the Ledyard Police Department and the Computer Crime Unit of the Connecticut State Police executed a search and seizure warrant of Bacon’s residence in October and “the search of the residence yielded several items of evidentiary value. Troopers conducted an investigative preview of the seized items and located image and video files of suspected child pornography.”
State police announced a total of six arrests Tuesday all resulting from an extensive investigation conducted by the Computer Crimes Unit. Each case was initiated by Troopers after developing information that led to investigators to obtain search warrants for evidence in each case. Troopers then continued each separate criminal investigation.
The other suspects are:
- Brian J. Hague, 33, of East Lyme, who was charged on Feb. 5 with possession of child pornography in the first degree.
- Joseph DosSantos, 41, of Gaylordsville (New Milford), who was charged on Feb. 4 with criminal attempt at impairing the morals of a minor, (two counts) and criminal attempt at enticement of a minor.
- Matthew Vicente, 26, of Simsbury, who was charged on Feb. 5 with possession of child pornography in the first degree and promoting a minor in an obscene performance.
- Frank Caciopoli, 51, of West Haven, who was charged on Feb. 5 with promoting a minor in an obscene performance and possession of child pornography in the third degree.
- Steven Anthony Cerasoli, 56, of Manchester, who was charged on Feb. 5 with importation of child pornography and promoting a minor in an obscene performance.