1. A chance of showers, mostly after 3 p.m. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high in the upper 50s. Keep hoping for rain; we need it!
2. While I was on the NOAA site looking up the temperatures, I saw a fascinating story – March was the warmest March ever, with more than 15,000 warm-temperature records broken! For more, click here.
3. It’s Earth Week at The Dinosaur Place, and there are fun events every day – and they’re free with paid Outdoor Adventure admission! There’s a scavenger hunt every day, and a moon bounce maze… In addition, today, you can meet animals from all over the world. Thursday, there’s a petting farm and a visit from some beautiful tropical birds. Friday, there’s an insect show, and a demonstration from the high-flying disc dogs! For more, click here.
4. The Board of Assessment Appeals continues its work tonight, at 6 p.m. in Room 203 of Montville Town Hall. The Board will hold another session on Saturday, at 9 a.m., again in Room 203.
5. If you have household hazardous waste (old paint, used motor oil, etc.), you may bring it to the Stonington Highway Department, 86 Alpha Ave., Stonington, on Saturday. The Norwich disposal day is June 16, and Montville is Aug. 18. For all the details, check out the pdf in the photo box.
Thought for the day, from Happy Publishing!
"When you look at the world in a narrow way, how narrow it seems! When you look at it in a mean way, how mean it is! When you look at it selfishly, how selfish it is! But when you look at it in a broad, generous, friendly spirit, what wonderful people you find in it." - Horace Rutledge