1. Isolated showers after 9 a.m. today. Mostly, it will be cloudy, the forecasters predict, with a high in the upper 50s. Christmas is eight months from today! Better get shopping!
2. Mother's Day is May 13 this year! Maybe you're thinking of flowers? Please make sure to vote in this week's Patch Readers' Choice poll! Montville has a good shot at winning, with either , or . And remember, in the immortal words of Captain Kangaroo, "Every day is Mother's Day."
3. There are all sorts of lacrosse goings-on happening! For starters, the very first Montville Lacrosse meeting is tonight, at Fair Oaks School, at 7 p.m. And Montville High School is conducting a survey to determine the level of interest in seeing boys and girls lacrosse start as a club. Please click here to answer a few questions to help the school determine the level of interest!
4. If you love ice cream and hate cancer, do I have a deal for you! Edy’s Ice Cream will be holding a fundraising day for the fight against pediatric cancer on Saturday at Stop & Shop in Uncasville. Contribute $1 to fight pediatric brain cancer, and you’ll get a single-serve ice cream cup by Haagen-Dazs, Edy’s or Skinny Cow. For more, click here.
5. The RockTenn Company (formally Smurfit-Stone) will award two merit-based, $1,000 scholarships this year to outstanding science and math students who plan to enter the field of engineering. For more, click here.
Thought for the day, from Happy Publishing
"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them–every day begin the task anew." - Saint Francis de Sales