Since this is my last day with Patch, I wanted to do a little different Daily 5, so here it is.
1. Maple Avenue. For reasons I might never understand, I came to love driving up and down this lovely street. There's something about the set and color of the houses, the architecture and personality of their construction, the mix of land and lawn and lake that I always found lovely and soothing, no matter the season, no matter the weather.
2. The Montville Police force. The officers on the force, from the newest recruits to the longest-serving veterans, were kind and patient and open with me, from the first day I found myself in Montville.
3. The people who helped early on. These include Lori Caron, principal of Mohegan Elementary; Herb, Jeff and Ellen Plotnik of Herb's Deli and Country Store; firefighter Michael Swanson; Ellen Hillman, former Town Council member and indefatiguable supporter of the Montville Patch; Beth Missios and Flo Turner of the Public Works Department; and Kathi Doherty-Peck, director of the Senior Center and Social Services.
And I'm not going to name names, but many of you gave me with tips and information and insights, all along the way, and I appreciate your help enormously.
4. The Montville Patch advisory board. Ray Occhialini, Tiffany Williams, Debbie Ingoglia, Corey Sipe and Jerry Roberts have been loyal supporters and constant sources of news, information and inspiration to me.
5. The bloggers of the Montville Patch. I asked you folks to step up, and you did! You shared stories, expertise, photos. You shared pieces of your lives, swaths of your expertise, and all of your passion. The Montville Patch has the best bloggers in all of Patchland!
And you Montville Patchers, all of you readers who came to the site day after day, read the stories, made the comments, voted in the polls, posted events and announcements, sent letters to the editor, alerted me to goings-on, liked us on Facebook, uploaded photos and participated in this great adventure with me - THANK YOU! You are the best.
I don't know who will follow me as editor of the Montville Patch, but if you are as kind to that person as you were to me, the Montville Patch will continue to be the best source around for all the Montville news, events, personalities and information!
Thought for the day, from Happy Publishing
"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced." ~ Vincent Van Gogh