1. Happy Monday! Well, expect a wet Monday - but we need it. The rain should let up mid-afternoon. Expect temperatures in the 60s.
2. We've been doing Readers' Choice polls for a few months now, and I'd like to know what you'd like to do a poll on! Do you have a question about Montville people's opinions? Do you want to know what hairdresser people in town prefer? Whether they like Home Depot or Montville Hardware better? Do you want to know who has the best burger in town? Please add your poll ideas to the comment box below, or email them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut is heading to Ireland for its annual trip! The group will explore the northwest and midlands of Ireland and Northern Ireland, on a seven-day excursion. For more information, and to find out how to get in on the action, click here.
4. Are you a business? Please claim your listing on the Montville Patch! The video in the photo box tells you how.... it's easy and it's free!
Claiming your listing gives you new ways to interact with your customers, and an interesting dashboard of statistics about those customers. And when you claim your listing, it means no one else can!
5. Don't forget about the rescheduled public hearing on the proposed schools budget! It's Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the auditorium at Montville High School.
Thought for the day
"A great mind is one that is neither ancient nor modern; it is neither ashamed of the old nor afraid of the new. It thinks neither in terms of old traditions nor in terms of new fashions. It is only concerned with the true and the workable." - N. Eldon Tanner, via Happy Publishing