1. Sunny, high of 45 equals nice winter day.
2. The Democratic Town Committee meets tonight at 7 p.m. in room 203 at Town Hall.
3. Montville Parks and Recreation has awesome programs advanced gymnastic to Zumba and lots in between and most programs start now or in the next few days, so make sure to register now.
4. Worried about the flu? Make sure to get those vaccinations before it’s too late. This strain, H3N2, is spreading furiously across the nation but so far Connecticut has reported minimal cases of flu-like illnesses. Let’s hope it stays that way. But just in case, have you checked out these tips from the Red Cross and Centers for Disease Control?
5. "What befell Newtown is not something we thought possible in any of Connecticut’s beautiful towns or cities. And yet, in the midst of one of the worst days in our history, we also saw the best of our state,” from Gov. Dannel Malloy’s State of the State speech Wednesday. He had a lot more to say, but this was a very moving portion of the address. If you didn’t see it or haven’t read it, you can see it here.