1. Way better than it has been, that’s for sure! Sunny and 50 degrees!
2. It's Veterans Day weekend and the Montville VFW Post 10060 and Montville American Legion Post 112 are celebrating the holiday with the annual Veterans Day ceremony slated for Sunday at 11 a.m. at the American flagpole in front of Montville Town Hall. Their annual party, at the Post located at 91 Raymond Hill Road, will follow the ceremony and will feature music and lunch and is open to the public.
3. And speaking of Veteran's Day, in honor of the important holiday, there's no school Monday and all government offices are closed.
4. The presidential election this Tuesday in Montville showed how much this community values its right and privilege – and responsibility – to vote; nearly 75 percent turned out to vote, and that’s awesome.
5. Don’t forget the Super Bowl! There won’t be any commercials but it will be plenty entertaining! The Montville Youth Football League senior Indians have secured their spot in the SNEYFC Superbowl game for the first time since 1986. Montville Youth Football is also hosting the games at Camp Oakdale on Sunday, but the Superbowl game is New London versus Montville at 3 p.m. Come support our boys and see them make history!