1. Mostly sunny with some afternoon clouds, high 45 but by nightfall, rain begins.
2. Dr. Charles E. Murphy Elementary School has instituted new visitor and dismissal procedures. This is verbatim form the school website: “Due to recent events, we are asking that anyone entering the building present their ID to the cameras outside the door before being buzzed in. Please cooperate with this request and be prepared to show your ID. Visitors will be provided with a visitor's badge upon admission to the school. Also, in response to concerns over student safety and moving vehicles, parents are being asked to meet their children at the front of the school at dismissal. Students will no longer be allowed to walk to parents waiting in cars, or play unattended until their ride arrive. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping your children safe.”
3. Friday is a half day of school. Montville High School dismisses at 11:15, Tyl Middle School at 11:45 a.m. and the elementary schools dismiss at 12:30, according to the schools' website.
4. Tyl Middle has raised hundreds to help support the families suffering in the wake of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School last week where 20 children and six educators were violently and horribly killed. The Tyl kids affected by the tragedy with events including crazy hat day. And students created green and white paper chains that represented Rachel's Challenge--kindness to others, our connections as a community and they were a visual reminder to think of others, in honor of the Sandy Hook Elementary School.
5. Lions are selling their trees for $20. So if you haven’t yet gotten your tree, and you want to help make a difference in the lives of your neighbors, consider buying your tree from the Montville Lions! They are set up in front of Tri-Town.