1. Stunningly beautiful day today! Low 70s, lots of sun, very low humidity, lovely breezes and just a 10 percent chance for rain. Stunning. Get out there!
2. Roadwork alert! On Tuesday Sept. 11 and Wednesday Sept. 12 the Town of Montville is resurfacing Raymond Hill Road beginning at 7 a.m. and continuing until 5 p.m. each day, according to the notice posted on the town's website. Expect delays!
3. Child Safety Zone ordinance public hearing is at 6:30 tonight. Why attend? Do you have kids? The zone would prohibit a sex offender from being in just about any area where kids congregate with limited exceptions. If a police officer determines that a sex offender is in a child safety zone they can tell the offender to leave and issue an infraction ticket that includes a $99 fine.
4. Today’s story, video and pictures about the recent series of has shined a spotlight on what appears to be a growing problem; drinking and driving. Which is just inexplicable, with all we know about the dangers of drinking and operating a motor vehicle. It’s unfathomable and unconscionable behavior. But Montville Police Officer Robin Salvatore, who writes the grants and has organized the checkpoints – much of the work done on her own time – deserves a lot of credit, as do all the officers involved, not to mention the Norwich Police Department for getting on board by bringing in its mobile command center. Thanks for working to keep Montville safe.
5. Town Matters, the public access program that interviews local guest on matters that impact Montville residents has as its State Representative Candidate for District 42, which includes; Ledyard, Preston, and Montville. France is a retired Lieutenant Commander, US Navy, and presently served as a 1st term Town Councilor in Preston. The show airs on channel 24 at 8 p.m. or on c, 8pm, channel 99, anytime.