1. Showers in the morning become thundershowers in the afternoon. Highs in the 70s, when raining, it will be really muggy. But come on, the perfect weather couldn’t last forever. Plus, it’s better this way. Going back to school, work on a gorgeous day would have been so much harder!
2. Looking for a great pack? sign your child up for Cub Scout Pack 67 of Oakdale at the Oakdale Fire Department. For more information contact Cub master Gates at email@example.com. The Oakdale Fire Department is located at 44 Chapel Hill Road. Check out the pack website here.
3. This is so cool! ‘Group to break World Record for Longest Wiffle Ball Game.’ A group of 10 players from around New England will attempt to break the World Record for the Proceeds from the game, including donations and pledges raised by players, will benefit Special Olympics Connecticut. Play will begin at 9 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 8 and is slated to end at 1 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 9. Players will continue play, without any major stoppages for the duration of the event.
4. Senior clinic day today and if you haven’t checked in to it yet, this is a great time to do it. The clinic is open Tuesdays for blood pressure screening, blood sugar testing and other services. Screenings are free, but donations are welcomed. Today from 9 a.m. to 11;30 a.m. at the Senior Center, 12 Maple Ave.
5. ‘The Rotary Club of Montville strives to build a better community, emphasizing service activities by Club members that enhance the quality of life and human dignity, encouraging high ethical standards and creating greater understanding among its people.’ They would love for folks to “j”