1. A stormy, wintry day – with weeks to go until winter! Rain, snow, sleet, wind!
2. The Raymond Library began its Food Collection program last week. Non-perishable food items and unwrapped toys are being collected to help families in Montville to have a better Christmas.
3. This is perhaps the most important note you’ll make to self today: The American Legion Post 112 Women’s Auxiliary is sponsoring a 'Day of Honor to Respect Those Who Served and Are Serving.' The ladies are asking folks to join them in honoring veterans on Nov. 11 when they will be lighting Luminaries around the post on Pink Row “in honor of our past, present and currently serving veterans.” Luminaries are $10 each and are a perfect way to “honor a family member, loved one or friend for their service to us and our country.” The lighting will begin between 6:30 and 7 p.m. on Nov. 11. Stop by or call the Post at 89 Pink Row or call (860) 848-1393.
4. Go get your Girl Scout cookies at our local ‘cookie booth’ at Stop & Shop located at 2020 Norwich New London Turnpike on Sunday Nov. 11 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. when folks can buy cookies and support the Girl Scouts of Connecticut's Cookies for Heroes program created to thank our service women and men for serving overseas and at home.
5. Raymond Library’s Story Hour is this morning at 10:30 for 3, 4 and 5-year-olds. This is such a sweet program –that incudes stories and crafts; nothing better for pre-school-age kids.