1. Sunshine and clouds with a high of 54. Tonight will be cold and clear, perfect for football and haunted hayrides.
2. Speaking of weather, the first freeze of the fall is forecasted for tonight and early Saturday morning. Brrr. You know the drill; cover plants/crops!
3. From Waterford Patch Editor Paul Petrone’s Daily Five Thursday: Some news from the Waterford Police Department’s Facebook page. On October 5 the department announced on its Facebook page that a suspect in the Crystal Mall voyeur incidents has been identified. Police refused all further comment, as it is still an active investigation. Earlier this month, the department sent out a press release saying a man had twice tried to spy on people in changing rooms in clothing stores in the Crystal Mall. The man allegedly had a camera attached to the top of his sneaker and would put his foot underneath the door of changing rooms to try to take pictures of people changing. Twice in September, the man was confronted, and twice the man ran away.
4. So many things to do this weekend (besides housecleaning, yard work, and all that awesome stuff!) including the , the Oakdale Fire Co. haunted hayride, the big shopping for pups and so much more! Check all the event listings!
5. The Kinship4Kids 2nd Annual Poker Run is Saturday at the 89 Pink Row, in Uncasville Motorcycle poker run all proceeds to benefit foster children. No need for a bike to attend. Registration 9-11 am Find them on Facebook, or visit the website for more info on this non-profit organization.