1. Expect rain most of the day today with a high near 60. 60!?
2. A week from today, when you log on to Montville Patch it will look very different. In a good way! The new, Patch 2.0 platform is so very cool. Like anything new, it takes a bit of getting used to but trust me you will love it.
3. And here’s why: You’ll be able to personalize Montville Patch by following groups; a few clicks makes your local news feed custom-fit to the topics you care about. Maybe you’ll follow the police blotter, restaurant reviews and schools news. You’ll also be able to better organize your day by creating groups of your own. Use Patch to plan a rec sports league or school fundraiser. Everyone can finally be on the same page—literally. And you’ll experience a better mobile Patch. We know many of you live on your smartphone—so we put everything you love about Patch in a smaller, more portable package. And you’ll be able to share comments and photos more intuitively and much, much faster and turn any blog or opinion piece into a mini-community of interest, complete with followers of your very own. For a sneak peek, check out Long Beach (NY) Patch and let us know what you think. You can also ask any questions—large or small—by emailing Senior Regional Editor Elissa Bass at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also register your interest in forming a group right when the new Montville Patch launches here. We'll walk you through it!
4. Calendar alert: Wednesday at 7 p.m. is the Montville High School Choir Concert; a beautiful way to get in the mood for the holidays.
5. Fifteen days until Christmas!