1. Expect a sunny, clear day but a cold one with the high today expected to barely rise above freezing. Factor in winds of up to 25 MPH and it will feel even colder. Bundle up!
2. Happy New Year and welcome to tax season, Montville. Check out the story we ran Dec. 27 where finance director Terry Hart explained the tax payment lock box system; Montville set up a lockbox service to receive tax payments through Chelsea Groton Bank, where the town does business.
3. Speaking of taxes, the 2012-13 real estate tax bills and motor vehicle supplement bills were set to be sent out Jan. 1, and will be due Feb. 1. Taxpayers can view and pay their bill online using a credit card or electronic check – there are fees for both or mail to Montville Tax Collector, P.O. Box 4179, Woburn, MA 01888-4179.
4. Montville High School and Tyl Middle School budget forums will be held next week, Tuesday, Jan. 8 at 5:30 p.m. in the Montville High School library/media center.
5. Back to school today for all Montville school children. And while they did have classes for about a week after the horror of Newtown, we need to be sensitive to how our kids are feeling. We need to remind them they are safe and we’re all watching out for them.