1. Watch for areas of patchy fog early today with some rain showers early leading to some sunshine later in the day; high 54.
2. I expect we may receive the obituary today and I will write more about this fine man, but sadly, we learned that VFW Post 10060 Commander Jesse Latorre passed away very suddenly last Thursday; he suffered a massive, fatal heart attack. I only met him twice, but we had an email correspondence and I found him to be not only completely dedicated to the Post and the community of Montville, but he was also a genuine and very friendly person. He was taken away far, far too young and he will be missed. Godspeed, Commander!
3. The broadcast of Town Councilor Rosetta Jones’ interview with American Civil Liberties Union Connecticut affiliate executive director Andrew Schneider airs tonight at 8 p.m. on Channel 24, at the same time the Town Council meets and when, presumably the senior zones ordinance may be discussed give the council has to make a move after the 500-plus petition to rescind the contentious new law.
4. It’s a four-and-one half-day school week leading in to a three-day weekend in honor of Martin Luther King Jr. Day, celebrated next Monday; this Friday is a half day at school as educators have a professional development afternoon planned.
5. The was extremely well attended and everyone was impressed; it is a beautiful, well-designed and generally awesome building. Congrats, Montville!