UPDATE: Tyl faculty meeting rescheduled. There WILL be after-school activities and late buses today.
Finance Director Terry Hart said, despite the news release issued to begin running today informing folks about the new program, the cards will not be mailed till the end of the month and the CCM website will not be updated to include Montville also until towards the end of the month.
1. Today expect sunny skies with a high of 39 and a tad windy.
2. Anyone can participate regardless of age or income;
-- All prescription medications are covered including pet prescriptions that can be filled at a pharmacy;
-- There is no cost to the municipality or to participating residents;
-- Cost savings average 45% ;
-- There are over 63,000 participating pharmacies nationwide, including CVS, Rite-Aid, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Stop and Shop, and Big Y, and many independent pharmacies;
-- Discounts are also offered on other medical services including vision, hearing and Lasik services.
Each residence in Montville will receive a “Town of Montville Falls Prescription Discount Card” by direct mail or print your card at www.CTRxDiscountCard.com, and selecting Montville from the drop-down menu.
3. The BOE budget forums this week provide an opportunity to have a say in the 2013-2014 schools budget early in the process. Forums are set for Tuesday and Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. each day at the Montville High School library/media center.
4. A faculty meeting at Leonard J. Tyl Middle School at 3 pm. Today means there will be no afterschool activities or late bus, according to the school website.
5. This Saturday is the town Christmas tree pickup. Just a early heads-up. Trees must be free of ornaments, tinsel, lights, etc., and must NOT be in a bag of any kind. Please have curbside by 6 a.m.