1. The forecast calls for a chilly but mostly sunny day. Driving Sunday in the countryside I was struck by the barrenness, so poet/writer Robert Burns seemed right: ‘When chill November’s surly blast make fields and forest bare. ‘
2. It’s Cyber Monday. You buying online today? Just in case you missed it, check out the story we ran Sunday about shopping on Cyber Monday.
3. A few school-newsy items from the past few days that you may have missed include a look at this month’s Montville Marvels; educators and students that make us all proud, for starters.
4. And we learned that the water at The district is working with the state to sort this out, but in the meantime, it is bottled water for everything save dishwashing.
5. Finally, the Montville Board of Education was honored again with the valued Distinction Award by the association of school boards. I suspect when the awards come from peers they mean even more.