1. Today expect sunny skies with highs in the mid-40s. Enjoy it while you can.
2. Annual Pasta Dinner! Now this sounds like a fun, and delicious, event that serves lots of purposes; you can spend time with friends and family enjoying a terrific meal, bid in an always-fun silent auction and benefit Boy Scout Troop 93! Win times three! Enjoy a big pasta dinner for $8 (kids @ $5; under 5 are free) on Saturday, Feb. 23 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Oakdale Firehouse, 444 Chapel Hill Road in Oakdale.
3. Friday Nights with DJ Dave at the VFW; sounds good about now.
4. A Montville Republican Town Committee-sponsored indoor yard sale will be held Saturday at the Mohegan Fire Company, 2029 Norwich New London Turnpike, beginning at 9 a.m. Saturday. Not certain but I suspect there are tables available still.
5. Don't want to harp on this, rather I think of it as a gentle reminder! are desperately needed for kids that might otherwise not make it to prom. Check out the story.