1. Cloudy with a high of 41. Getting back to January-style weather, I suspect.
2. Congratulations to Jim Sajkowicz who was honored and recognized by Gov. Dannel P. Malloy for his volunteer efforts for the residents and Town of Montville during Storm Sandy. Jim, who Fire Marshal Ray Occhialini described as a man who would “literally give you the shift off his back and his last dime,” volunteers countless hours for the town as a volunteer in the Emergency Operations Center during Sandy where he worked five days straight and often up to 16 hours a day. Many of you know Jim and know that in addition to being an amazing volunteer for the town, he is also a volunteer firefighter and is a Mohegan Fire company lieutenant. We salute Jim for his dedication and selfless spirit of community! Congratulations!
3. Three Board of Education meetings tonight with the awesome Montville Marvels at the top of the agenda; look for a story Wednesday.
4. Don’t forget the senior clinic today at 9 a.m. This is one of the amazing programs at the Montville Senior Center. The community is lucky to have it!
5. The Montville Leo Club is holding a book drive for students in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade now through Jan. 25. Donation boxes are located at Montville High School, so if you have any gently-read and loved books, send them in to school with your high schooler.