1. We’re still dealing with wind today – winds may gust over 40 mph, otherwise expect showers early with mainly sunny skies in the afternoon of 46.
2. Tomorrow morning (Friday, Feb. 1. What? It’s February already?) at 10 the Board of Education holds a budget meeting at the Montville Senior Center. It’s a one-item agenda: the 2013-2014-school budget.
3. Speaking of the today the opportunities for fun, exercise, camaraderie and continuing education are almost limitless. Singing, ballroom dancing, card playing, arts and crafts, Pilates, drawing and even a Spanish class. The Senior Center is, quite simply put, both a jewel and a lifeline for Montville seniors!
4. There are a number of vacancies and alternate vacancies on eight town boards and commissions. All are non- elected posts; the Town Council appoints people to these posts. Serving on boards and commissions is a big responsibility and commitment, but also some might say, an honor to serve the community. If you’re curious or interested in volunteering, reach out to the Town Clerk for more information on vacancies, eligibility, and the interview and appointment process.
5. Olympic Judo Gold Medalist Kayla Harrison will be running a Judo clinic in Montville on Feb. 2! This is pretty major!