This in from the Kitemaug Orchards Water Association:
"The Kitemaug Orchards Water Association has been notified by our water testing company that the water samples taken on Thursday proved to be completely normal and there is no need to boil the water. The shutdown of the system for the day or two had no impact on the water quality. It is fine to drink."
The State Department of Public Health has issued a boil water advisory for Montville public drinking water systems at apartment complexes and other locations:
- KITEMAUG ORCHARD ASSOCIATION, INC., MONTVILLE
- OAKRIDGE GARDENS, LLC, MONTVILLE
- OAKRIDGE VILLAGE, MONTVILLE
- MEADOWS APARTMENTS, MONTVILLE
- FOX LAUREL MOBILE HOME PARK, LLC, MONTVILLE
- ST. THOMAS MORE SCHOOL-THE COVE, MONTVILLE
To disinfect water, use ONE of the following methods:
- Boil at a rolling boil for one minute. Make sure water is clear of floating pieces before boiling; OR,
- Add 8 drops of liquid chlorine bleach per gallon of clear water or 16 drops per gallon for cloudy water. Do NOT use bleach that has perfumes or ingredients other than sodium hypochlorite as it may be toxic; OR,
- Add water purification tablets according to directions on the package.
Mix completely and let water stand 30 minutes before using.