1. Today, really warm – 77 degrees, partly cloudy.
2. The 7th annual Terri Brodeur Breast Cancer Foundation Walk Across Southeastern CT is Saturday, Oct. 6. Opening ceremonies begin at 6:30 a.m. at Saybrook Point with "feet on the pavement at 7 a.m." Starting in Old Saybrook, full marathon walkers will walk the scenic route along the shoreline through Old Saybrook, Old Lyme, and East Lyme ending in Waterford. Half marathon walkers start at Capital Drive, East Lyme at 10:30 a.m. and quarter marathon walkers start at the Niantic Baptist Church, Niantic at 1:00 p.m. All walks complete at Camp Harkness, Waterford, with closing ceremonies at 3:30 p.m. Walk for the cure!
3. Montville Marching Madness is Saturday at 6 p.m. at Montville High School. Seven high school bands performing throughout the evening performing awesome band competition themes and the MHS choir will perform the National Anthem. Expect awesome music, fun, food, and souvenirs. The Montville High School Music Boosters & Montville Board of Education sponsors this fundraiser. Tickets are: adults $8 and children, seniors and students pay $6.
4. Monty’s Fall Festival is this weekend at Dinosaur Place. The festival is free with admission to the park. Activities include fall crafts, face painting, a magic show, moon bounce, petting zoo and more. The highlight of the festival is a concert at 1 p.m. on Sunday Oct. 7 by Steve Elci and Friends, the famed children’s music group from Waterford known for their musical “Edu-tainment” performances. Other activities at the festival include The New York Life Child ID Program, Dime Bank face painting, a performance by magician Zach Ivins, April’s Balloon Creations balloon bending, and Circle K Farm’s live animal petting zoo. And the best part is that $1 from each admission fee will be donated to L+M Hospital’s Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection program, providing free mammograms for uninsured and under-insured women.
5. Have a great weekend, Montville! You deserve it! And remember, it's a long one; no school Monday. Just a reminder! :)