Are there any museums on your "to visit" wish list? Check to see if they will be participating in "Smithsonian Magazine's Museum Day Live!" program this September!
Close to 1,400 museums across the country will be offering free admission on Sept. 29, and 14 of those museums are in Connecticut.
The website features a super useful state-by-state listing of participating museums, but we're doing the work for you.
Here's a list of Connecticut museums that will be taking part, as listed on Smithsonian's website:
- American Clock & Watch Museum, Bristol
- Bruce Museum, Greenwich
- Center for Contemporary Printmaking, Norwalk
- Custom House Maritime Museum, New London
- Earthplace, The Nature Discovery Center, Westport
- Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme
- Harriet Beecher Stowe Center, Hartford
- Hill-Stead Museum, Farmington
- Jonathan Trumbull Jr. House, Lebanon
- Mattatuck Museum, Waterbury
- Old Tolland County Jail & Museum, Tolland
- Roseland Cottage, Woodstock
- Stanley-Whitman House, Farmington
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History, New Haven