Plato may have coined the phrase, “Necessity is the mother of invention.” But the truth is women are the mother of some of the best inventions.
Creative, clever and sometimes a little crazy, our unique solutions to some of life’s problems just can’t be beat.
Real women (and men) are hands down the unsung inventors of the new millennium. Well, be unsung no longer. I want you to get the recognition you deserve in a new show on a major website. If you have a little inventive idea to improve everyday living, send it my way. If your idea is chosen, you will be invited to appear on the show via Skype.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
- How about freezing a sponge in a baggie for a readymade ice-pack?
- How about the mom who puts all the batteries in the toys before she wraps the Christmas presents?
- Want toasty buns every morning? Microwave your kid’s underwear!
- Dorm-room-door-décor. This group of co-eds, pre-packs personalized boxes of items to decorate doors for friends on special occasions. (birthday’s especially)
- Kids getting dressed always a mess? Put their clothing together in pre-bundled outfits. Roll Shirt, pants, socks, underwear into a bundle and secure with a rubber band. Also works great for your workout clothes and the clothing-challenged men in your life.
No idea is too small, so don’t hesitate. Send along a short description of your idea to Lisa@allennee.com.
This article was contributed by Lisa Nee. Lisa began her TV career as host of an award-winning children’s show, and went on to stints at CBS, CNN and eight great years at Lifetime as the Director of Original Programming. Since leaving Lifetime she has started her own production company while raising 3 boys and pursuing her passion for storytelling.